Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 36 - Phoood

Since this month is all about fast food, I decide to look up some blogs and websites that are dedicated to fast food (along with organizations dealing with the industry) to talk about on Saturdays. While researching different sites, I came across a website/blog called Phoood: The Best Source For Honest Reviews Of Food You Shouldn't Eat.


The blog itself is written by Jim Peoples, who calls himself a sort of fast food and junk food critic. He buys all the new products at fast food restaurants (or has samples given to him for free), eats the food, and then creates reviews for them. Jim has been writing on this website since 2004 and has been featured  in his local Sacramento, California newspaper and the NY Magazine.

In each post, Jim talks about the ingredients and differences the companies are making with their products to make them new. Then he talks about his eating experience and thoughts on the new foods. Each post ends with a Phoood rating where Jim assigns a smiley face depending on what he thought of the food overall; ranging from "Don't waste your money" to "Outstanding!" Jim helps his readers to learn more information about new food items before trying them out themselves. His latest post is all about the Taco Bell Quad Steak Burrito, which apparently was rated as good.


In addition to writing about these foods regularly since 2004, Jim also organizes his blog in such a way that you can click on different food categories to "look up" different foods. He has categories such as beer, cereal, fast food, pizza, and more.

Definitely stop by Phoood to check out the ratings on the newest food products out there! Jim has some very good insight. However, be aware that he does talk about FAST FOOD and JUNK FOOD. So I wouldn't take his like or dislike of the food as meaning it is healthy or unhealthy. It would also be wise to look up the nutritional facts about the individual food products as well :)

Exercise: Today is a biking day. While I have sill not make it to my Saturday morning cycling class, I decided to do a biking workout of my own. Today I completed a thirty five minute bike ride (five minute cool down is included in that time). I went on the random setting and set my difficulty to level ten. In the thirty five minutes, I was able to bike about seven miles. It may not feel as intense of a workout as running, swimming, or yoga, but you will certainly be able to feel how intense it was later when your legs are aching!

Eat: With my dinner tonight (homemade taco salad) I enjoyed a glass of Yellow Tail Red Wine. It was so good and I thought I'd let you all in on a well known secret. Did you know that wine, and red wine specifically, is actually good for you? In moderation of course. Red Wine is full of antioxidants, which help repair cell damage in our bodies and can reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease. So, as long as you drink it in moderation, enjoy a glass of red wine with your dinner tonight and reap the health benefits from it as well :)


Relax: This week I have been getting a more normal amount of sleep every night (about 7 to 8 hours a night), but I found today that I was more exhausted than ever when I tried to get up. So, since it is the weekend, I want to encourage you to go to bed earlier than normal or sleep in later than you would. It is good for us to sleep in at least one day of the week in order to recoup from the physical stress we've been putting our bodies through (working out), from the stresses of work, and the mental stresses that come with lower sleep amounts. To relax for today, sleep an hour or two more than usual and wake up rejuvenated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment