Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 63 - Fad Diet Dot Com

Today I would love to tell you about a website that I stumbled upon while trying to research some information on fad diets called Fad Diet Dot Com. This website analyzes about 30 different diets; talking about what their premises is, how they work, what kinds of foods you can eat, and enjoys some humor having to do with the silliness of them.


The author tells us that he is dropping the condescending tone of most professionals and instead is going to simply enjoy the humor and ridiculousness of the diets. He has compiled a list of about 30 or so different fad diets, many of which that have been around for a long time. He tells us that there is nothing new about fad diets, "they didn't really work then and they don't really work today."

He believes that loosing weight is as simple as it is difficult, that it takes a mere reduction of calories and increase of activity so that you expend more than you consume. Instead of dwelling on the fact that so many fail at this, the author decides instead to simply have a laugh about the whole idea of fad dieting.

He recommends checking out his favorite fad diet: the 7 Day Diet, where you can eat all you can eat in order to lose weight.

I recommend checking out this website before deciding to go on any of the fad diets. It will help you get a more realistic grip on the diet and help you decide if you seriously want to try it or not. I say not. But take a look for yourself!

Exercise: I am feeling SOOOO bad today. I mean hardly even can get off the couch today, I'm so sick. So instead of doing a workout today (as if I could), I paid a visit to the after hours doctor. If you are ever feeling really ill on a weekend when your regular doctor's office is closed, find the nearest after hours clinic and pay them a visit. Turns out I have strep throat again… but worse this time. I really would like to be healthy again and for a long time so I can finally have structure and a set schedule to both work and working out!! For you non-sickies, today is a yoga day! Hope you enjoy your hour of yoga...

Eat: "Weigh the Cost of Convenience Foods". According to Cooking Light, "with convenience comes a heftier price tag." Many times, having stuff pre-done; like already chopped up, or pre-cooked foods will actually cost you more to buy than the fresh ingredients you get at a grocery store. For example, a whole broccoli can run about $1.69 per pound while a bag of chopped up broccoli florets can cost up to $3.36 per pound. Sometimes it is better to weight the cost and determine if having someone else save that few extra minutes of chopping up broccoli is actually worth the additional price…


Relax: Since I was feeling awful today, my mom came home with some popsicles for me and my family all sat down (or lied down in my case) and watched "Burlesque" together. I was a really good movie and nice to spend time with my family, especially when I was under the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment