Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 86 - The Raw Food Diet

There are many different names for different raw food diets, but they all are generally the same. A raw food diet is based off of eating raw foods; such as fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, spouted seeds and grains, dried fruit and juices, rolled or flaked grains, herbs and spices. A raw food diet consists of at the very least 75% raw foods only. Sometimes, however, dieters will also add in some cooked grains and legumes, good quality fish, and poultry. Raw food diets hold that cooking foods actually cooks off the beneficial enzymes contained in the food, and by eating the foods raw we will get more of the healthy benefits from them.


Weight loss on a raw food diet is a certainty. The diet makes followers lower both their calorie intake as well as their carbohydrate intake - which leads to loss of weight. Also, since many of the foods that are encouraged to eat have high water and fiber contents, they make dieters feel fuller faster and longer, also leading to weight loss.

While the diet has sure effects and is very good for the individuals' health, it can be extremely difficult to follow. It also runs the risk of having too little protein in it, unless the appropriate amount of legumes, nuts, and seeds are eaten.


You can find a lot more information about the Raw Food Diet on the following sites:


Exercise: I began my workout today with a 40 minute running exercise on a treadmill. I went in five minute increments, changing my speeds every five minutes. So I started at 4.5 and increased my speed by 0.5 every five minutes until I got up to 6.0. After staying on 6.0 for five minutes, I decreased my speed by 0.5 for the next sets of five minutes until I was back to 4.5. Finally I completed a five minute cool down.

After my running workout, I went to my usual Monday night yoga class. This time I had a co-worker come with me. It's nice to have company and the workout itself was a tough one. SO glad I went though because I found it nice to stretch out and then to get relaxed.

Eat: There are three different kinds of melons, each of which give off their own benefits. Cantaloupe contains vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium. Honeydew (the green melon) contains vitamin C and potassium. Watermelon is full of vitamin A, vitamin C, and lycopene.


Relax: Today for my relaxation time, I watched the episode of The Biggest Loser from last week. It was such a touching episode and I can't wait for the next one tomorrow. I'm wiped out and ready for bed now though!

No comments:

Post a Comment