Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 84 - Every Diet

The website Every Diet has been my best friend this month as I have done my research on different fad diets. The site provides basically an encyclopedia of every diet in existence, including any new ones that come out. The divide their diets into four main groups: Weight Loss Diets, Diet Delivery, Detox Diets, and Healthy Diets.


Then each diet has its own information page. On these pages, you will find background information on the diet (such as founders or philosophies), the diet basics (what it is based on, how it works, etc), lists of recommended and forbidden foods, diet plans, exercise recommendations of the diet, costs and expenses of the diet, pros of the diet, cons of the diet, and conclusions.

I highly recommend paying a visit to this website before starting on any new diet in order to get all the facts on it. They do a really good job providing unbiased information that will truly help you pick the best plan for you.

Exercise: Today I did a running and weight lifting workout after I finished working my long day. I started out by running on an elliptical machine for 35 minutes. I would alternate running 10 minutes at a 10min/mile pace followed by 5 minutes at a 15min/mile pace. The final five minutes were a cool down. Then I went and used three different weight lifting machines for my legs. I started with a hamstring press down machine where I did three sets of 12 reps at increasing weights each time. Next, I used the quadriceps press-up machine where I again did three sets of 12 reps at increasing weights. Finally, I went to the leg press machine where I completed my three sets of 12 reps cycles at increasing weights. In total, I worked out about 50 minutes to an hour tonight.

Eat: Citrus fruits also contain lots of vitamin C, which may also help to reduce the risk of cancer and cataracts. Consumption of lemons and limes will provide us with tons of vitamin C. Grapefruits also contain vitamin C, along with fiber. The pink and red versions of grapefruit are also an excellent source of vitamin A and lycopene. Oranges contain vitamin C, fiber (contained in the white part of the orange), and folate. Finally tangerines contain vitamin C and fiber. Tangerines are also contain the highest amounts of pectin among citrus fruits. Pectin is a type of fiber that makes you feel fuller.


Relax: Tonight I got to come home and watch a movie with my mom, dad, and dog. We watched "Just Wright". It was a really cute movie! But more so, it was nice to spend time with my parents and with my doggie curled up in my lap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment