Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 89 - Wrap It Up/Challenge

Well, can you believe that it is already the end of March and the end of my topic on fad diets? This month absolutely flew by! I hope that you were able to learn a lot, alongside myself, on the different kinds of diets in existence today, about their benefits and their detriments, and about the science of fat accumulation. Now that the month is over, I would like to give you all a challenge. One that I myself will be participating in:

For one week, keep track of the foods you are eating (use FitDay.com to help you record your foods). Once you have completed the week, look at the amount of carbohydrates you consume on a weekly basis. Then analyze your diet and find areas where you can reduce this number. I am going to try to find a way to cut my carbohydrate consumption in half. I love carbs, and since I really don't need to lose any weight but to just eat healthier, I am not going to get rid of them completely. Instead, I just want to find ways to reduce how much I consume in order to build up my consumption of other food types. I encourage you to do this along with me!


Thank you for keeping up with my blog and I look forward to starting my new topic next month!

Oh and another announcement (I will also add it to the beginning of next month's materials and equipment blog post)!! Every four months this year I am going to be releasing a month's worth of healthy recipes. I will start out my day by posting a dinner recipe that is healthy each day of the month… and April is the first month for this! I will give out grocery lists for the weeks meals on Sunday and the individual recipes for that week on the morning of the day to cook them. I hope this will give you further knowledge and encouragement to eat and cook healthy!


Exercise: Today was an I.M. Swim Workout:

500 warm up
2x(3x100) Freestyle Kick, Pull, Swim
2x(8x50) I.M. Kick/Twitch Set (fly, back, breast, free)
500 cool down
TOTAL: 2400 meters (1.5 miles)

Eat: Today I would like to start talking about individual vegetables and the benefits they have to offer to us. I would like to start with three vegetables today: artichokes, asparagus, and beets. Artichokes contain a whole host of good things; such as fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, magnesium, potassium, and manganese. Asparagus contains folate, vitamin K, vitamin C, and vitamin A. Make sure to stick to the green variety because white asparagus lacks the heart-protecting phytonutrients and provides less vitamin A and vitamin C compared to the green variety. Finally, beets contain folate, manganese, fiber, and potassium.


Relax: For lunch today, I got to meet with an old friend. It was nice to catch up and hear each others stories. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings - which was also delicious after not being there in forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment