Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 103 - Factory Farm

Factory Farm, which is a division of the Food & Water Watch Organization. They work to educate us on the dangers of meat that is produced in factory farms. They provide information on their website to help us learn about what factory farms are and the dangers they produce to our nutrition and to our environment. In addition to telling us the hard facts, they also provide outside information sources and ways to get involved and fight back against the government's regulation of factory farm products.


To learn more about factory farms or to find ways to get involved, visit the Official Website of the Food & Water Watch Organization.

Exercise: If you are working out today… this is normally my biking day. Try to get a good bike ride in (stationary or on the road) and go about 7 miles in a half an hour.

Eat: For the next nine days, I am going to talk about some different facts pertaining to breads and grains. I will talk about why to eat bread, how much, how to choose the healthiest breads, and what to watch out for. Then I will go over different kinds of bread products individually to talk about some facts and nutrition elements of them all. Today I would like to start out by asking the question: Why eat breads? According to Cooking Light, the healthiest breads can contain some very good-for-you nutrients; such as whole grains, fiber, protein, vitamin B6, vitamin E, folic acid, magnesium, and zinc! Eating healthy breads can help you gain all of these nutrients in your diet.


Relax: Didn't get to do much relaxing today with such a long day of work… but I did get to hang out with my dog and watch an episode of one of my shows on TV. I also played some video games before bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment